Monday, February 20, 2006

Yesterday's ride

I was supposed to go do some surveying yesterday, but the weather was too nice. I got the call from Z and immediately cancelled my plans. The weather was perfect: 24 degrees, 20 mph winds. This was Z's first ride on the new singlespeed! since I had been trying to get him out on the bike for a while and he had been wanting to ride Mt. A for a couple years now, we decided to kill two birds with one poison dart. The trails were in prime condition, frozen solid except over the fastest running water. After some bundling up, we hit the trail. Down through the gate, off to the right, and out to TJ to pick up LT. LT was looking good, if a bit hard to follow due to the leaves and the recent wind storm. I'm still not used to the disc brake on the front of the On-One, and coming around a corner with speed I grabbed a bit too much brake - the leaves slid out of the frozen ground and left me with a big flapper on my knee. I love cutting dangling skin off with scissors. Z was loving the SS, so we rode all the way back up to the earthen dam, and hit up AT for a quick out and back as the sun was setting. Man, I love that place. It was a rough day for future offspring, though, as both Z and I got a little too friendly with the top tube a couple of times. All in all, an excellent ride. Who would have imagined completely bare trails on February 18th???

May peace be always in your heart.

- J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home