Sunday, July 09, 2006

The strangest thing happened this weekend...

I rode my bike. Twice. For the first times since the first week in May. My mom was right, too - I was smiling so much I think my face is stuck like this forever

Man did it feel good to be out. It's kind of funny, really. This winter I was planning to start racing this summer; this was going to be my best year of riding ever! I was able to ride clear trails in Jan, Feb, and March for the first time. I even got a sponsorship from a local shop. Then I bought a house. Then it started raining and flooding. Then my left leg got blindsided by 600lbs of steel at work.

I was finally able to start (sort of) walking again about two weeks ago and yesterday I decided I could wait no longer. With beautiful weather and some manufactured free time the bike was calling my name! I'm happy to report that my leg actually feels better on a bike than it does when walking.

It feels good to be back!

A couple pics of Arm on Fire:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home